useful if you
to use them.
- Google Trends — discover trends by taking the world’s pulse with this tool.
- Google Keyword Planner — the first place you should go to start your keyword research.
- Keyword Grouping Tool — sorts jumbled keyword lists into interesting “groups” for you.
- Keyword Typo Generator — generates various common misspellings of keywords.
- Open Site Explorer — discover where your competitors are getting their inbound links.
- Ubersuggest — gives you all the Google auto-complete words for a base keyword.
- SEM Rush — provides valuable info on what you currently rank for, among other things.
- Bing Webmaster Tools — should be required for any website.
- Bizible — autotagging for Bing Ads.
- Google Search Console (fka Google Webmaster Tools — should be required for any website.
- Google News Alerts — should be required for any ongoing PR campaign.
- Pingdom — monitor a website’s “uptime.” Should be required for any website.
- Uptime Robot – monitor a website’s “uptime” – like Pingdom.
- Trademark Complaint Form — lodge a complaint against a competitor’s ads.
SEO Audit Tools
- Bad Neighborhood Checker — find out if any of the links on your website are dead OR malicious.
- Blacklist checker (email) — Find out if your email list provider has been blacklisted.
- Blacklist Check (website) — find out if your host or an IP address has been blacklisted.
- Broken Link and Image Checker — self-explanatory, and very useful to check your website.
- CopyScape — find out if someone has scraped your website’s content.
- Google Analytics Debugger — tells you exactly what problems exist in your analytics tags.
- Google Tag Assistant — let’s you see exactly what tags are on any page.
- MetaTag Analyzer — get a quick diagnosis of your website’s metatags.
- My IP Neighbors — if you don’t have a dedicated host, see who your sharing a server with.
- SEO Browser — see your website as a search engine would see it
- URL Redirect Checker — find out if your website is getting hurt due to faulty 301-redirects.
- Safe Browsing Diagnostic — good way to diagnose your site through Google’s eyes.
- Screaming Frog — the tool of choice for on-page SEO analysis.
- Securi SiteCheck — find out if there is malware or other problems on your website.
- WooRank — free SEO audit checker for websites.
- PageSpeed Insight Tool — this helps you identify problems that slow your site from loading.
- Fetch as Google — this is a part of GSC but is so important it deserves its own listing.
- Google Test My Site — tests a website for mobile speed, desktop speed, and mobile friendliness.
- Google Mobile Friendly Test — tests a specific webpage for mobile friendliness.
- Google Page Analytics — provides a visual breakdown of where users are interacting on a webpage
- BuiltWith — this is a fun tool to run quick tests on websites.
- ChangeDetection — get pinged when your competitor updates their website.
- Domain Dossier — get all the info you want on a domain’s age, ownership, and history.
- MixRank — find out what your competitors ads look like, how long each has run.
- SpyFu — find out what keywords your competitors are buying, and how much they spending.
- Trademark Search — find out if someone has trademarked a word or phrase.
- Way Back Machine — here you’ll find what any website looked like back in the day.
- Follow – find display ads and other interesting things.
- Bulk Domain Search — for finding out domain name availability faster than one URL at a time.
- DownForEveryoneOrJustMe — we all need to know if a website is actually down, or if it’s just us.
- Website Spell Checker — find typos on a website.
- Google Analytics Event Code Generator — automatically generates the code for event tracking.
- Google URL Builder — create new URLs to track the ROI of email, social media, and other things.
- Facebook URL Builder — create new URLs to track the ROI of Facebook Ads
- Scrapy — scrape data from a website and put it in structured form.
- Percent calculator — no explanation necessary.
- What Is My IP Address — find your IP address (of computer or servers).
- GIF Optimizer — reduce the size of GIF files for display campaigns.
- Image Compressor — reduce the size of JPGs and PNGs for display campaigns.
- Adwords Wrapper — appends Google Adwords match type symbols to a list of keywords you provide.
- Hubspot Blog Title Generator — creates a list of blog titles using provided keywords.
- Canva — free quick design tool to create images for blog post headers and social media posts.
Social Media Monitoring & Measurement
- Klout — gives a quick rundown of perceived influence on social media.
- ManageFlitter — manage/analyze your social media followers.
- SocialCrawlytics.com — tells how many times a specific page has been shared.
- Buffer — high-quality social media scheduling service (comes with Pablo, an image making software).